977 S. Route 83, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Construction Project Manager
(Retail and Restaurant Market Focus)
Join a winning team constantly seeking innovative approaches!
International Contractors, Inc. (ICI) is seeking a passionate, energetic and talented Project Manager with proven Retail and Restaurant project experience to join our team.
If you are looking for empowerment to take personal responsibility for the profitability and outcome of your projects, can motivate people and mobilize resources to overcome challenges, and expect your successful accomplishments will be noticed, ICI may be the place for you!
A full-time position with ICI provides career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, dental and life insurance; a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, an innovative wellness program, paid vacations and holidays and a 401(k) plan.
Firm leadership values the contributions of our team members and understands that employee job satisfaction ultimately leads to a strong team and work product. Our team aims to create more than a structure; we strive to build long-term relationships with both our employees and our clients.
Some of the specific core responsibilities of an ICI Project Manager include:
- Hold overall responsibility for safety, direction, completion and financial outcome of construction projects from initial budget through project closeout.
- Organize and create structure for successful projects while being flexible and comfortable with change.
- Manage and mitigate risk throughout project lifecycle.
- As an active part of the business development team, build lasting relationships while simultaneously driving results.
- Ensure quality construction, safety standards and the proper use of construction techniques.
- Accurately estimate and value engineer projects from conceptual budget thru construction documents.
- Provide initial schedule for estimating and bidding purposes and detailed baseline schedule for construction activities utilizing Microsoft Schedule.
- Write scope of work, negotiate, award and enforce vendor contracts.
- Ensure compliance with all Owner contract requirements, including all vendor insurance and bonding requirements.
- Regular travel to job sites, some of which may be out of state.
- Utilize project management software systems in place (Procore) to record and track all project documentation.
- Manage projects in progress including vendor coordination, conflict resolution, documentation and ensuring quality and safety.
- Manage project costs through the ongoing evaluation of labor, material and equipment, and continue to forecast and analyze construction costs, exposures and profits through project completion.
Qualifications and Expectations
- Four-year degree in a Construction Related Field
- 10 Years of Proven Project Management experience on commercial construction projects, preferably in the retail and restaurant markets
- Promote and exemplify safe work practices on all job sites
- Taking a leadership role to inspire others to take pride in their accomplishments
- Knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods, building products, construction details, relevant rules, regulations and quality and safety standards
- Competent in crisis and conflict management
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and Procore Construction Management Software
- Possessing business savvy and acumen while thinking like a Builder
- Requires proven experience and judgement
- Experience in Business Development and the ability to interact with clients and potential clients to identify and pursue potential work
- Prepare and participate in client presentations and project interviews
- Negotiate and secure new business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Provide training and mentorship to other team members