977 S. Route 83, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Become a Project Engineer at One of Chicago’s 101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For!
ICI is celebrating 35 Years of growth and is currently seeking passionate, talented professionals to join our team. If you are a dedicated construction professional who is motivated to succeed and has a commitment to quality, we have immediate openings.
A full-time position with us provides with career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, dental and life insurance; a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, an innovative wellness program, paid vacations and holidays and a 401(k) plan.
Firm leadership values the contributions of our team members and understands that employee job satisfaction ultimately leads to a strong team and work product. Our team aims to create more than a structure; we strive to build long-term relationships with both our employees and our clients.
Project Engineers at ICI are responsible for a wide range of responsibilities, both on-site and office based, from preconstruction through final closeout and must be willing to travel between our Elmhurst office and multiple project sites throughout the Chicagoland area. Extended travel to project sites throughout the US may also be required.
Some of the specific core responsibilities of a Project Engineer include:
- Working to develop, drive and implement project goals as a core member of a dedicated team
- New project setup and coordination
- Working with the project team in the development of bid packages / scopes of work, construction schedules and site utilization programs
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and policies
- Coordinating procurement of permits and inspections
- Prepare and monitor execution of commitment records and associated insurance / bonding documents
- Maintaining, conducting, and policing detailed procedures for the submittal, review, coordination, approval, and distribution of shop drawings, samples, etc.
- Maintaining and distributing all project files relating to subcontract and bid package records, plans, specifications, changes, clarifications, RFI’s, as-built documents, etc.
- Maintaining a system to expedite construction materials, deliveries and equipment lists
- Preparation and distribution of meeting agenda and minutes
- Managing change events, expediting vendor estimates and proposals and preparing appropriate company estimates and proposals for changes to be submitted to the owner.
- Determining appropriateness and preparing subcontractor change orders to be processed through the Project Manager
- Prepare prime and subcontractor contract Change Orders and process for review and approval
- Manage the close out and punch list process
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
- Solid communication skills
- Results-driven ability to effectively manage and follow-up on multiple priorities
- Required computer skills include: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Windows File Management Skills, and Procore Project Management a Plus
- Proven ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize multiple projects with fast pace schedules.
- Construction Industry Experience a definite plus
- Maintain client relationships by meeting and managing client expectations, professionally addressing any concern or escalating issues as appropriate.