977 S. Route 83, Elmhurst, IL 60126
Join a winning team constantly seeking innovative approaches!
International Contractors, Inc. (ICI) is seeking passionate, talented commercial construction superintendents to join our team. If you are a dedicated construction superintendent who is motivated to succeed and has a commitment to quality, we have immediate openings.
A full-time position with ICI provides with career growth and development, a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, vision, dental and life insurance; a tuition reimbursement program, flexible spending accounts, an innovative wellness program, paid vacations and holidays and a 401(k) plan.
Firm leadership values the contributions of our team members and understands that employee job satisfaction ultimately leads to a strong team and work product. Our team aims to create more than a structure; we strive to build long-term relationships with both our employees and our clients.
Some of the specific core responsibilities of a Construction Superintendent include:
- Working as an integral member of a dedicated ICI Team.
- Communicating professionally and effectively with clients, architects, engineers, design partners, subcontractors, trades and internal team members.
- Managing the day to day activities of complicated commercial project sites and ensuring top-quality results through effective management of resources and the construction process.
- Maintaining a safe work site by implementing good housekeeping regulations and safety requirements, enforcing safe work habits and observing OSHA and any state-level agencies’ regulations
- Overseeing and Inspecting work in progress against designs, plans, specifications, subcontracts/scopes, shop drawings and overall craftsmanship.
- Documenting and managing jobsite details, reporting on daily progress, conducting and reporting toolbox talks, conducting weekly site meetings and inspections, developing six-week look ahead schedules and managing the overall schedule.
- Maintain client relationships by meeting and managing client expectations, professionally addressing any concern or escalating issues as appropriate.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience at a GC / CM firm
- Solid communication skills
- Results-driven ability to effectively manage and follow-up on multiple priorities
- Required computer skills include: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook), Windows File Management Skills, and Procore Project Management a Plus,
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work with construction management software such as MS Project or similar.
- Proven supervision and management skills to motivate/manage people and teams.
- Travel may be required
- Wal-Mart Project Experience a Plus