A Grateful Look Back at 2013; An Optimistic Look Towards 2014
As we move into the new year, I would like to bid 2013 a grateful farewell. We at ICI are fortunate to have had many opportunities presented to us and met some wonderful people along the way. A few 2013 highlights:
- We were hired by two new K-12 school districts (Evergreen Park SD 124 and Elmwood Park CUSD 401) to serve as their Construction Manager for major expansion and renovation projects.
- We finalized the preconstruction on the Benedictine University Business Building and will be breaking ground in March of this year. This state-of-the-art project is slated to open in Fall 2015.
- Our retail team turned over the sustainability-focused Walmart store in Pullman Park, complete with a green roof system. Of note, the project is capable of retaining 2.1 million gallons of water in a single year.
- We completed our third project at Central DuPage Hospital in as many years, their new Cardiac Care Facility.
- ICI’s restaurant team was entrusted with constructing a prominent steakhouse’s first restaurant outside of their home state, Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille in Oak Brook Shopping Center.
- We furthered our commitment to technology by implementing new tools to allow our employees to do their job more efficiently. All technical team members are now equipped with an iPad and PlanGrid.
- After a hiatus, the 42,000 square foot Fields Auto Group Chrysler Jeep Dodge Dealership near The Glen Town Center restarted and will open early 2014.
- 8 new employees joined our Team and embraced our relationship-based culture (Blake Bishop, Charlie Picha, Jake Aranki, Jon Mallery, Scott Smetana, Karen Slattery, Keith Lawler and Bob Concannon).
Yes, we were certainly blessed in 2013 and I am equally excited about 2014!